Local SEO To Improve Your Local Online Visibility and Sales
About 46% of searches made on Google have local intent and 29% of all Google search result pages contain a local pack. Though the COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted small local businesses around the world, it has renewed impetus to support local business and this trend is going to pick up in the near future.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a part of the SEO marketing campaign that revolves around optimizing your website and local business listings for keywords/keyphrases that have local intent. Local SEO campaigns are aimed at growing traffic — by ranking for location-specific keywords – to generate more calls/leads.
Local SEO marketing is suitable for a business serving a set geographical area or a business having a physical location where it serves its customers.
Our Approach to Local SEO
By and large, our tested and proven techniques of increasing local traffic and leads using Local SEO are based on four parameters:
- Optimizing Google My Business (GMB) listing and building NAP (business name, address, and phone number) citations. Finding and fixing any NAP inconsistency
- Keyword research for finding queries with local intent
- Optimizing contact page, service pages, landing pages, and homepage for local keywords
- Implementing local schema
Our Local SEO Workflow
Before we begin our Local SEO marketing campaign, we ask for the following dataset from the local business owner:
- Business NAP (business name, address, and phone number) for each location (if applicable)
- Hours of operation for each location(if applicable)
- Google My Business page URL for all locations(if applicable)
- Existing and desired GMB categories
- Access to Google My Business and Google Search Console
- Access to CMS dashboard (if applicable)
- List of social media profiles
- High-quality images of office location(s)
GMB Optimization and NAP Citations
To appear in the three local business listings on the local pack aka 3-pack, an optimized Google My Business listing is imperative. An optimized GMB listing also positively influences local SERP (search engine results pages) ranking.
Our local SEO team is certified by Google itself. Our GMB optimization will ensure your business gets a place in the local pack.
Keyword research is the first step before we start optimizing a website for locally searched keywords. Basically, keyword research is about finding what local keywords are important for your business and for what keywords your competitors have optimized their sites.
We utilize tools like Google Suggest and Google Keyword Planner for local keyword research.
On-Page Local SEO Optimization
Before going for Local SEO optimization, we analyze pages/posts for appropriate on-page SEO:
- Keyword in URL
- URL length
- Keyword(s) in the page title and H tag
- Keyword in first 200 words
- Keyword in heading tags
- Descriptive images and alt tag of images
- Authoritative and relevant external links
- Optimized anchor text of internal links
After a thorough on-page audit, we create/optimize service and location pages for local search keywords.
Implementing Local Schema
Structured data markup – also called schema markup – is the knight in shining armor of SEO professionals.
Structured data helps search engines in understanding location-based information like address and phone contact information.
We implement schema.org markups such as local business and organization for your businesses.
Ready to Think Big?
Let us help disrupt your industry.